My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 29, 2005

A Glass Fish

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when Joe brought me back a souvenir from his family vacation. (They went to Kazmel) A glass fish with yellow and blue and orange inside it. Very cool, I have it on my desk right now. :) (Interestingly enough, they went to Mexico, and came back with a souvenir marked 'made in China'.)

I hate to say it, but this week is shaping up to be just as frustrating as last week. I get so irritated, and I just can't help it. I'm training the new quality tech for the next couple of days on inspection processes, and everyone just hates her. Not for anything she has done or said either. My employees are just plain mean and jealous. It's making me angry with them. Elizabeth is upset because she doesn't look professional. Too many earrings, tattoos, fake nails an inch long, and bleach blond hair. I was actually losing my patience hearing what Elizabeth was saying. So I asked her how appearance had anything to do with her capabilities. She said she just didn't like her. I had to walk away. I just couldn't listen anymore.

Now, I'm not saying that I like the look that she sports. It's really not my taste to have playboy bunnies airbrushed on my nails. But, as long as she's a good worker and does a good job, who cares what she looks like. Am I wrong?? Oh, I'll just be glad when things get back to normal!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Don't look now, Sherri, but I think your experiencing personal growth! Do you remember the weird guy's hair in Wal-Mart a couple of years ago? :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

No, your going to have to remind me again. What did I do?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

There was a guy there with weird hair. You flashed your cringe-smirk expression. I asked, "Who really cares about his hair?" and you responded, "How can you not?!"

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

OMG!! I do remember that! It was terrible hair!! I stil feel the same way!!

That was the day we had the rainbow discussion, am I right?

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

When Zach said he discovered where rainbows come from? Don't know if that was the same day or not.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons