My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 22, 2005

Root Beer schnapps

When I was in the 7th grade Jessica and I had the brilliant idea to drink some of the root beer schnapps that her parents kept in their freezer. I had gone to her house to spend the night and we were patiently awaiting them to leave. Which didn't take long, they were never home. I can still remember the nervous excitement we felt as we took the bottle out of the freezer, set it on the counter, and stared at it for a few moments. Condensation building on the outside of the ice cold bottle. We each took a swig, Jessica spitting hers out in the sink and me swallowing mine right down. Each exclaiming how terrible the stuff was. And, it really was terrible too. We capped the bottle back up, set it back in the freezer, and locked this secret little memory away in the backs of our minds.

Why am I thinking about this this morning, you may be wondering? Last night I discovered that Zach had been drinking my margarita mix that I keep in the fridge. It freaked me out when I first realized it. I didn't quite know what to think. Then I remembered about the root beer schnapps incident.

Being a parent is possibly the hardest responsibility in the world. You never know if your making the right choice, or if your kids are listening, or if your doing a good job. The older they get, the tougher it gets on top of it. I just hope I make it through and live to tell about it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gravity Drop said...

I rememeber when I was a kid probably about 7 or 8 my brother and I found a case of beer. Most bottles were empty or half full. A couple were still unopened. Yeah, you can guess what happened, we drank them.

Funny thing is I can't rememeber if I got drunk or sick afterwards. I can't remember anything afterwards, not sure if it's just a memory lapse or if it was due to the drinking, either way the memory loss is kinda ironic I suppose.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I forgot about the root beer schnapps! Ugh, that stuff was horrible. Funny, you swallowed the horrible schnapps, but you won't swallow other stuff... <Oh my!> (I was going to insert the surprised emoticon, but in this context, it looked like something else.)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Your too funny Jessica!!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons