My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, September 19, 2005

Me, Krystyn, and a pack of Best Value cigarettes

My first experience with smoking.

I'll never forget the day that Krystyn and I happened upon a partial pack of Best Value cigarettes lying on the side of the road. We had been out on a bike ride, bored to tears, when out of the blue, excitement appears in the form of an old, water stained pack of cigarettes on the side of the road.

Krystyn and I had stopped out bikes and were staring down at the cigarettes. Both of us thinking the same thing, 'should we pick them up? How long have they been here? Where did they come from?' Krystyn bends down and picks them up. We immediately know what needs to be done. We need to find the most private and secluded spot we can, and light one up.

Being the brilliant kids that we were, we went directly to her parents basement and stood in the corner under the ceiling fan. Her parents basement had been transformed into a bar away from the bar, complete with the tacky beer mirrors and a keg on tap. So, there we stood, fan nearly vibrating off the ceiling. I immediately chickened out, there was no way I was going to put something up to my lips that had been laying on the side of the road for God knows how long and belonged to God knows who. It could have been a nose picker who didn't wash their hands after they went to the bathroom.

Krystyn on the other hand, did not. She pulled out an old brown striped cigarette and lit her up. I stood and watched as she coughed out of control for about 30 seconds. After finally gaining her composure, and with a low scratchy voice, she finally got the word 'smooth' out of her mouth. We both started laughing, small smoke puffs were coming out of her nose. Needless to say, Krystyn ended up finishing off that pack of cigarettes, and I do believe that she is still a smoker today.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So let me get this right. There is a bar with a beer keg nearby and your friend chooses the smoking option. Are you freekin' mad, j/k.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Puh-lease!! We had explored the bar option eons before that. LOL That was old news already.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Puh'lease - why does that sound as if I actually heard it, hehe.
Begging your forgiveness she who must be obeyed. lol night night.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Heh, i had the fortunate luck of having two adult smokers in the house, who also drank, so I got my cigarettes without fear of them being tainted.

Now if you ask me about my first condom, that's a whole different story.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

hmmmm...... first condom. That sounds like an interesting story. LOL

It it's not to x-rated, you should share with you adoring fans. :)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now if you could mix a cigarette with a condom story you would really have something, lol.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL A smoking condom! Yikes, my mind is in the gutter today!

7:48 AM  
Blogger *krystyn* said...

Sort of stumbled upon your blog -obviously I'm not theKrystyn in your story, but I thought it was funny-I'm also from Michigan.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons