My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Mother's Twin

No, my mother doesn't actually have a twin, but there is a woman who lives in Gaylord that looks so much like my mother it's unreal. In fact, I seen her at Wal Mart today, and literally thought it was my mother.

I first seen her about 10 years ago when I worked at Wal Mart. It's absolutely uncanny just how much she resembles my mother, right down to her mannerisms and appearance. The one characteristic that they do not share is eye color. Oddly enough, this woman's name is Sherry, and here eye color is blue. My mother has green eyes.

Sherry had started working at Wal Mart at the same time I did, I worked in shoes, she in jewelry. I had many conversations with Sherry over the course of the year that I worked there, not once did I mention how much I felt she resembled my mother. I almost felt like I was observing her, researching the likenesses and differences.

When I seen her in the store today, I have to admit, I immediately began observing her once again, to see how she had changed in the years that had passed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe she IS your mother! Ask to see her driver's license, birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate, wait I'm getting too deep into this, lol.
They do say that everyone has a doppelganger, and you found your mum's! :P

7:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

She definitely isn't my mom Gareth, she was always way to nice to me.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Andddd how did she change Sherri? Oh god I'm curious now! :-)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

You know, it's very weird. My mom has put on about 20lbs over the course of the last 10 years, changed her hair color from platinum blonde to a dark reddish blonde, and gotten quite a few facial wrinkles.

This woman did too!! The hairstyle, of course, is slightly different, and the hair color isn't the exact same shade, but she has put on weight and gotten the smokers wrinkles around her lips too! Like I said, at first glance down the isle way, I swear to God I thought it was my mom. I was ready to high tail it out of there.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons