My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, February 27, 2006

Aging Baby Boomer Songs

(List forwarded in an email from a coworker)

Some of the artists of the ‘60s are revising their hits with new lyrics to
accommodate aging baby boomers.


They include:

1. The Bee Gees -- How can you mend a broken hip

2. Herman’s Hermits -- Mrs. Brown, you’ve got a lovely walker

3. Bobby Darin -- Splish, Splash, I was havin’ a flash.

4. Ringo Starr -- I get by with a little help from Depends

5. Roberta Flack -- The first time, ever I forgot your face

6. Johnny Nash -- I can’t see clearly now

7. Paul Simon -- Fifty ways to lose your liver

8 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

And who could forget that classic:

Helen (from Sherri's work) - The dates were even hotter when I was more limber.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, LOL!!! Helen just this minute said to me "Sherri, I have this phone number, I have no idea where it came from." Laughing, I ask her if she was out collecting digits from any men last weekend. Guess what she said!?! She said, this isn't the paper I used though. :D

ben, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

10:15 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

The Bee Gee's, 'Staying alive' and Gloria Gaynor's, 'I will Survive'. Start taking on whole new meanings.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

"little help from Depends"...that one's my favorite.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

phoenix, that was my favorite too!

fuzzbox, so true, so true...

12:46 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Those are priceles... they hit a little close to home though...

Nice new profile pic...

Hope the rest of this cotton picking Monday goes well.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

terry, I had to change the profile pic back. I posted a comment on jessica's blog to see what it looked like, and I looked HORRIBLE, my face was all pinched up. Ugh!!

Hope your day is going well!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I beg to differ - didn't see anything pinched... but que sera sera... :-D That is why I stick to the birds.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons