My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stir Crazy


What is it about snow that makes me go stir crazy? I feel like that guy from 'The Shining', before I know it, I'm going to be cruising around my house in a half crazed state from snow bound dementia. Better hide the axes!

I just can't wait for summer. I want to be able to sit out on my porch, and plant flowers, and attempt to finish staining my deck. This might just be the year I finally complete that project! Just being able to sit in the sun for a while would do me a world of good. I've so got the winter time blah's.

It's just so depressing to look out the window and see so much snow. Maybe it's just the shortened days, maybe I just need one of those light things people in northern climates use to stave off depression during their extended periods of darkness.

6 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I've been getting a little vitamin A deficient myself...

Compounded by my hours I work... I go to work and come home and it's still dark. I haven't seen the sun in about a month.

Hope you cheer up!

If not, I'm going to come out there and tickle you until you pass out.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

My doors are always open to you, c'mon down and you will get your fill of the sun. I lived in Vermont for years, depression is one of the reasons I don't live there any more. Just remember Georgia is calling you.....

Oh and to the Shining reference..LOL!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

AAAAHHHH!! Not the tickle torture!!!! LOL

Seriously, ranger tom, I don't know how you do it, I've worked third shift a couple of times to fill in for people on vacation. It messed me right up. On one occasion I couldn't sleep. I went for almost 3 days without any sleep at all. When I finally did get some sleep, I slept for almost 20 hours straight.

big mama, you're right! The Georgia sun is calling my name!

2:40 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

California called...

She wants you to come visit...

12:05 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Sorry to rub it in, sherri [no, i'm not]... but I've been to the beach two weekends in a row, and it's been sunny and perfect [mid 70s] and breazy... ahhh...

By the way...I meant to ask you... what's snow????

11:53 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Well, it IS getting toward springtime, is it not? Spring fever is upon us all. Love the campsite :-D

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons