My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

And the delivery man finally arrived.....

Part 1

So, the man from the furniture store calls me today to let me know my headboard, footboard, and rails have arrived for my new bed.

One catch.

The color of the rails does not match the color on the headboard and footboard. Do I mind?

Duh!! Of course I mind, I shelled out $749 dollars for this thing! He then tells me that I would not be able to get matching rails until June, but, if I would like, I could use the rails that are scheduled to be delivered to my house until June and then swap.

How kind of him! (That statement meant to be stated in a tone that is dripping with sarcasm.)



Part 2

So, with the above conversation completed on the telephone, I head home to sign for the delivery that was inroute. (Mind you, the men had already left the warehouse and were driving while I was on the phone squaring away the details of the botched rails.)

Upon arrival at my home I see no furniture truck. Deciding to take it as a golden opportunity to tidy up the house a bit before they arrive, I scurry around picking up toys and shutting doors.

15 minutes go by, no sign of them.

Stepping outside, I scan down the road to see if I can see them coming. Sure enough, there they are, pulling into my neighbors driveway, backing out, and going the opposite direction from my house.

Pulling up a lawn chair, I decide to camp out on my front porch and speculate how long it will be before they realize they are going in the wrong direction. It was exactly 10 minutes before I see them totally pass my driveway, hit the brakes suddenly, then back up and stare at me.

Oh, such class!

"Is this 104?" the driver yells from the driveway. I wave them in.

When the driver climbed out from behind the wheel I was scared for my life. No lie. This guy was rough looking. Scraggly, covered in tattoos, eye patch, missing teeth, the whole package. All I could think of was 'where do they get these people? Am I going to come home from work today and find my house entirely cleaned out? Will I wake up in the middle of the night sometime to see his ugly face staring down at me?' (Ok, so, I get a little carried away at times.)

"Where's you're bedroom? Where'd ya like me to set this thing up?"

"Um, don't worry about setting it up, you can just set those right here by the door. I'll have my husband carry everything up when he gets off work."

"You sure? It's a piece of cake."

"Yah, I'm sure."

Eyeballing me from head to toe, he finally puts the headboard and footboard down on the floor by the front door.

I couldn't have been more relieved to see that truck pull out of my driveway, swear to God.

12 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Now, Sherri, ya can't blame the guy for trying to find out which room was your bedroom.
That way he can just enter the house through that window instead of fumbling around in the dark!

lol

3:07 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, leave it to you to find a valid reason for him to inquire. LOL

3:43 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

And I was wearing my best shirt. Darn!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

And now poor Charlie is stuck having to lug everything up the stairs! My advice: Don't tell him that Eye Patch offered.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwuahahhaa!

You did the right thing, though!

Look at it this way: atleast you know you still got it!

...if what you want is a creepy eyepatch guy with missing teeth..

;)

5:42 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

...or a pegleg and a parott!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Arrrrr! A pirate delievered your new bed!

Arrrr!

Shiver me timbers! Avast ye scurvy dogs!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

That sucks about the mix up in color. At least June isn't too far away.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

It's always best to not let a killer into your bedroom. Something tells me that it's never a good idea to do that.

The rails shouldn't matter, as no one even sees it anyway. But it's a matter of principal when you spend a lot of money.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Phoenix is right. The color of the rails doesn't matter. No one will ever see them, and the only time you'll ever notice them yourself is when you and hubby break out the satin-lined handcuffs...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

fuzzbox, I'm sure you own a shirt without a hole in the armpit, don't you? LOL

jessica, I lugged everything up there myself. Charlie didn't have to carry anything. It was not easy either!! I think I hurt a butt muscle!

damasta, I prefer my men to at least have teeth. :D

nwjr, hmmmm..... peg leg, huh....

tom, an encore to pirate day!! LOL Love it!

crazy me, after this morning, the whole damn bed is going back! Not waiting until June either.

phoenix, hopefully you read today's post.

jessica, I don't think any satin lined handcuffs will be coming out any time soon.

You all may be thinking the rail color is a non issue, but, to me, it was an issue. It immediately set up a red flag in my mind that something is amiss. I wondered instantly if they were giving me rails to some other bed just to get the bed delivered. It turned out I was correct. The rails sent will not even fit into the bed boards.

11:44 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Wonder where my yesterday's comment went? I just said that OH NO - yours is a scary story because I ordered a bed off of EBAY all the way from Maine (for California delivery).. is this what I have to look forward to? AuuuugghhhhHH!!!!!!!! It cost a fortune to ship... I'm just waiting for the phonecall telling me when it's to arrive... I hope my delivery guy is better than yours!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons