My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, May 15, 2006

Beware of the Elderly Drivers

Have I mentioned before that Helen and I share the same birthdate? Such an odd twist of fate, don't you think?

Anyway, on with the story. I find out this morning that Helen went in to get her drivers license renewed last Friday and failed the vision screening. As she was telling me, I suddenly remembered a visibly shaken floor person who had stopped by one day last winter asking if Helen had made it to work ok. Apparently, on that day, Helen had totally disregarded a red light and cruised right through like she owned the road. The visibly shaken floor person? She had been nearly t-boned by Helen in the process. I didn't have the heart to say a thing to Helen, as far as I could tell, she hadn't even noticed a thing.

Now I know why. She really didn't see a thing.


A word to the wise, if you see a dark teal Buick Riviera barreling your way, steer clear.


Update: Helen's eye appointment did not go well, she will be losing her driving privileges as of 5-18-06 until she gets catarac surgery.

11 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Mistah MaGloo! Mistah MaGloo!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww poor Helen. Yayyyy for the rest of us lol :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

RT you're dating yourself :-)

Sherri - that is really sad about Helen's eye appt not going well. That is a bummer for anyone to not be able to drive. BUT, on the other hand - anyone who CAN'T see properly has no business on the road. :-(

2:49 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

aw damn.. that sucks. atleast she's getting it corrected, whether she likes it or not.

5:59 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Hopefully she will be able to see better after the surgery. Or else she might be driving liscense or no. It wouldn't be the first time someone did.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Being Tboned by Helen is giving me nightmares....stop that ...lol

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

My mother was walking in a parking garage on New Year's two years ago. She was struck by a man that had no business driving a vehicle.

I cannot empathize with a person that puts other people in danger with their car.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

TS, aren't you dating yourself also by telling me I'm dating myself? Only someone my age would know who Mister Magoo was!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Eeeks, we just took away my grandmother's priledges and I'm extremely thankful she's no longer on the road.

11:07 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Could it be the reason she had panties in her purse??

2:26 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Tom - ROFLMAO and - no comment.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons