My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Guess Who's Blogging from Home!?!

Yep, that's right, I am!!

Because I have the entire day to just do whatever the heck I want, I've decided to catch up on everything I have been slacking on.

Let's see, so far I've.....

- Finally handed in the million and one rolls of film that have been collecting dust all over my house. (14 rolls, to be exact)

- Finally gotten my rear brakes fixed. Word to the wise, when you know they are bad, fix them then. When the mechanic smiled at me, telling me words could not describe how terrible my rear brakes looked, advising I actually look at what he is talking about, I knew he assumed I was a clueless woman. Shame on me!

- Finally gotten my computer fixed! Thank the lord!!!

- Finally picked up a new paint roller to finish my upstairs hall. I've only been promising myself for the past week that I would stop at Lowe's and pick one up.


As far as birthdays go, this one has actually been a pretty decent one. Jessica (don't you just love this woman!) called me up bright and early this morning to wish me a happy birthday!

I was sitting in the waiting room at the Muffler Man watching while the smiling mechanic pried the mangled remains of my brake hardware from my Jeep and shook his head at every discovery he encountered when the angry man in the red pick up truck peeled into the driveway.

What happened next was actually very comical. The door flies open and he walks over to the counter. As the mechanic guy steps in through the door to the garage the angry man yells out "Who's the owner of this place?"

"Vance is," replies the mechanic, who, by now, has made it to her perch behind the counter.

"Well then, Vance is in for a law suit, you make sure you tell him the next time you see him!" The angry man then proceeds to go into great detail how he had been ripped off, scammed, lied to, and overcharged. I was hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for what would come next, my eyes glued to the scene.

Apparently it was this Vance person who had actually done the work on his truck! Kind of makes me rethink my decision to go there to have work done. LOL!!!

So, after the man blows his top, he thanks the mechanic for his time, then wishes him a good day.

Definitely something you don't get to see everyday!

8 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I think that I could think of better things to do than go to a mechanics shop on my birthday. But I luv to see a good rhubarb if I am not involved but as a spectator. Have a great afternoon and evening.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks fuzzbox and ranea!!!

3:39 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Put another candle on your birthday cake, you're another year old today... (sung by Sheriff John on tv)

Ugh - I really hate sitting at the car shop, waiting for my car. Glad you got so much done... Happy Birthday Sherri!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'll be needing a fire extinguisher before too long Terry! LOL

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Happy Happy Birthday girl!

Have a great one.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Vance should feel lucky.

The No. 1 scourge in the country is angry guys in red pickups. I'm in the process, as I write this, of forming a grass-roots organization to ban altogeter angry guys in red pickups.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Remember my rule...BTSD....Big Trucks, Small D____...well you know...haha. More proof...haha...

12:21 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Happy birthday, sherri!! I was out sick!! I have an excuse!! Sorry I almost missed it!

Hope it turns out to be a grrrreat day for you!! :D

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons