My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, June 19, 2006

Medusa

For some ungodly reason I have evolved the need to pee everyday at 4:00 in the morning. I don't have a clue what has happened to me, or how I have evolved to become this way, but it totally ticks me off.

That and the one stray eyebrow hair that is now growing on my chin. (This rant I shall save for another day, however.)

So, this morning being no exception, I wake up at 4:00 crossing my legs hoping to make it to the bathroom. I hear Charlie milling around downstairs getting ready to leave for work, so I sneak into the bathroom, flipping on the light after I shut the door. I want to be able to go back to bed and fall asleep, if he knows I'm awake he'll come back upstairs and want to talk.

As embarrassing as it is to say, I have to say it anyway.

I glance into the mirror as I walk past it and my reflection literally scared the heck out of me. I was hideous. I could have been Medusa, I'm surprised I didn't turn to stone. With this miserable heat, I had decided to take a shower last night just before I went to bed. I put the air conditioner on high, and fell asleep with wet hair. It was very apparent this morning.

At the sound of my scream Charlie came running upstairs to see what was going on. "Oh my God I'm so ugly my own reflection scared the hell out of me," I told him. He just shook his head and went back downstairs, if he didn't think I was crazy before, I'm sure he does now. You would think after all this time he would have me figured out by now, but he doesn't.

Who knows, maybe one day he will. At least he didn't want to stick around and talk.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I suppose I should be more sympathetic about the 4 A.M. thing, but right now I get up hourly to pee. If I could sleep all the way through to 4 A.M., well, that would be heavenly. :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

You actually let out a scream when you saw your reflection? Holy crap, you must've had incredible bedhead.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Hey, a pic would have been nice, LOL!!! Only teasing. I bet you were fully awake and not sleeping after that.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, only a few short days to go! I'll bet you're more then ready to have that baby. :)

phoenix, it was pretty bad!!

big mama, there was no sleeping after that fright. LOL

12:59 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

LOL, I think it probably wasnt as bad as all that, just that you were half asleep as well.
I make it a rule never to look in a mirror before my cofee.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons