My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What NOT to do at work...

Because the restrooms where I work are so terrible even the flies stay clear, I have an unhealthy fixation with the lysol cans that usually accompany each of the stalls. If I'm not standing in the midst of a toxic cloud of lysol, I can not use the stall, pure and simple. This doesn't always agree with everyone, as you can imagine.

Although I try to avoid them at all costs whenever possible, an occasional emergency does arise from time to time where I have no choice, I have to use the bathroom. Today being one of those days.

So, there I stand in the restroom stall with lysol in hand when the unimaginable happens. Somehow, for the life of me I can't understand why, I neglected to notice the sprayer was pointed in the direction of my face rather then away from my face.

"How could I have been so stupid?", I ask myself.

As you can pretty much surmise, I end up macing myself with the can of lysol and choking to the point of near unconsciousness, clinging on to the stall door so as not to lose my balance and direction. From a distance I hear a voice asking if I'm ok, but I'm unable to see a thing. Blinded and gagging, the voice leads me out of the stall to the sink where I rinse my face a few times with a little cool water.

I'm so embarrassed I could die.

11 Comments:

Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

I've done this multiple times. You're not alone!!!

R U ok? Can you see?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

vodka, thanks for the concern. :) My eyes are burning a little, but I'm seeing just fine.

3:08 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

That has to smart. Next time you might want to wear safety goggles to the can.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Another reason not to clean....

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

fuzzbox, the sad thing is, I did have safety glasses on my person at the time, they just were not on my face. Sigh....

thomas, reason #356 why I should not clean with lysol

6:43 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Good heavens, I can't even imagine that happening! So sorry Sherry!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did this once in front of 75 people when I was giving a speech. It wasn't Lysol. I don't remember what it was except embarrassing...

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, man, you're killing me. Too funny. And Casually Me is so right. Outcomes like these are exactly why I don't clean.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

terry, oddly enough, I didn't imagine that happening either! LOL

jan, that is probably the worst possible scenario I could imagine! Yikes!! :D

rae, it is funny, feel free to laugh. :)

jessica, hows's the kidney bean doing? Charlie was asking me if he's shed the pod yet. LOL!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Kidney Bean seems perfectly content to remain exactly where s/he is, with one foot shoved firmly into my ribs. We have an OB appointment today.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Awww I feel for you :(

But still laughed,(just a little) ;)

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons