My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, July 28, 2006

Happy Friday!

Yes, indeed, I did play hookey from work, again.

The kids and I spent the entire day at the lake. Soooo relaxing and fun, with the exception of one thing. I've been sporadically lobsterized. Try as I might, I just can't seem to get every single spot with sunscreen. If I were an animal, I'd be a red spotted cheetah.

Oh well.

I hate to say it, but I'm one of those people who get a kick out of people watching. I spend just as much time looking at the people around me as I do watching my children. Bad habit, but I just can't help it.

I knew when I seen the duct tape covered tractor tubes rolling down the sand dune to my right I would have some decent entertainment. It ended up being the redneck family of all time. 400lb bleached blond Mom was the first to hike up over the hill. It amazed me they were able to find enough leopard print spandex to make her suit, let alone the butt hider wrap thing she had around her waist.

Dad came next, thank God I had sunglasses on because I was nearly blinded from the reflection of all the gold around his neck, nestled between his man boobs. Long necked cold one in one hand, chincy rubber lounge chair in the other. Dad promptly plopped his butt face down on the lounge chair, gut touching the ground.

Grandma and Daughter were the last to arrive on the beach. Grandma was a brightly died red headed woman with bright red lipstick smeared across her mouth. I have to say, I did feel bad for daughter, she appeared to be a cute little redheaded girl, extremely pale complected, but cute nonetheless.

As I sat there, watching through the corner of my eye, I watched as Mom and Grandma each grabbed one of the innertubes and headed for the water. Dad sat watching a group of teenage girls who had gathered a little ways down the beach. Daughter stood at the waters edge watching as the kids her own age played in the water all around.

Poor thing, if I had had a daughter, I would have told her to go play with her. Daughter ended up being the fetch all. When Dad was out of beer, she would go and get another one. When Mom needed a smoke, she had to fetch one from the car. When Grandma needed out of the tube, Daughter was the one who had to hold it so Grandma didn't fall into the water and wet her hair.

1 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

She doesn't have a chance.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons