My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Man Whore

I've offended the man whore at work today. I didn't think it was possible.

John, Steve, and Man Whore show up at my desk while I was wishing Byron good luck and farewell.

It was a very sad moment, Byron has been working with our company since long before my first day, it just won't be the same without him. He was in the midst of telling me about how he could vividly recall me in the various positions I've held and how I've changed and grown through the 10 years we've worked together, I could see a tear in his eye.

Enter the three stooges.

I glance at them and ask them what they were up to. John looks at me with a sly smile and asks for the keys to the NCM cage. Byron and I laugh, then Byron jokes about not giving them out. I then ask what I would get in exchange for their use of my keys. So Johns says he would give me man whore. (Obviously, he used his real name, not man whore, since I am the only person who refers to him as such.)

In front of Byron and God I tell them "Why should I give something up for someone everyone else got for free? No deal."

Ok, this is the man who was back in my area massaging Helen's shoulders asking about her daughter. This is the man who made sure to let us all know about the one night stand he had had one day and didn't even know her name. She was a coworker!! This is the man that stood in the doorway to our area and clapped his hands to get noticed when nobody noticed he was talking outside the door. This is the man who told Stephanie she had beautiful legs, they were nice and shiny, then turned around 10 minutes later and told Sandy the exact same thing IN FRONT OF Stephanie. What the hell??

Man Whore!


He was NOT happy! I embarrassed the crap out of him, even Byron was laughing. Byron, the man who had just been telling me how excited he was to find out that one of his very good friends while growing up was the priest at the Catholic church he would be attending in his new town in Indiana.

Even as I sit here thinking about it I laugh. Sometimes the truth hurts.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh, I love that!!! A sharp tongue and a quick wit! You are awesome!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Man-whores and Catholics...

Gotta wonder.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Haa Haa Oh well he'll get over it no doubt ;)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, I don't know if it was a curse or a blessing sometimes.

ranger tom, it's an odd combination. LOL

pixie, I'm sure he will. He's gotten over the comment I made to him a few months ago about how desperate he is.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Whats the NCM cage stand for ?

Is it where you lock manwhore up when he's getting particularly annoying ?

Perhaps NCM cage stands for (N)o (C)lass (M)anwhore Cage.
I'm guessing.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, NCM stands for Non Conforming Material. That's the area we put all of the incoming material that has been rejected for use.

6:31 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

You would think that a guy that would talk to a woman about her nice shiny legs would have a tougher skin.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

I know a man whore, they just don't get it.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons