My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And I couldn't believe my eyes!

I was standing at Audrey's desk when he stepped through the dock door. With a look of stoned numbness, he stared about the receiving area and finally rested his sunglassed eyes upon me. Not knowing what else to do, I said 'Can I help you?'

He began his story about the Fed Ex guy committing the cardinal sin against truck drivers, first come first serve. I stood there, wondering what the heck this guy was on. Apparently the Fed Ex guy pulled up to the window even though he had been out there and in the midst of pulling up to the window.

I fake a look of mock horror and take the truck bill from him hoping he would just go about his business and drop whatever he had on the back of his truck off and leave.

Now, this guy had stated that he had delivered to our building before, and he seemed somewhat familiar, but he had absolutely no clue how to work our lift or open the gates. Finally giving up on getting them open, he took a running start and crashed through them, I could only stand by and watch as this guy made a complete ass out of himself. I look down at Audrey and laugh, I couldn't help it.

Audrey then tells me the Fed Ex guy had commented when he pulled up to the window that this guy was out in the parking lot taking a leak in the front of his truck.

I have seen a lot of stuff in my days as the manager of the receiving department, but this guy definitely sticks out as one of the most memorable, right up there with Bud Costello offering to show us the hot poker scar he had on his groin.

Ack!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

You know something Sherri. I don't want this to sound offensive but your company seems to attract some of the all time great weirdos.(and I really don't mean you).

Is there a sign outside saying "Nutters needed here"

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, I'm beginning to wonder....

1:26 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

When ya gotta go ya gotta go I guess.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons