My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Watch my back....

Believe it or not, I have ticked off someone who works where I work to the point of becoming sullen and angry, totally ignoring my very existence.

I know what you're thinking... How could someone as sweet and kind and wonderful as ME be able to invoke such behavior in a person?? (Ok, you can stop rolling your eyes now.)

So, here's the story. About 4 or 5 months ago this guy came back to get my approval to do a miscellaneous receipt of inventory for the machine tech's. Being my usual smart ass self, I teased him for a few minutes and then told the receiving girls to go ahead and process what he needed.

That little bit of teasing was all it took to turn this guy into a sullen disgruntled man who may possibly be plotting his revenge against me.

I had told Julie about it months ago, but she was certain I was just imagining things. That is, until today. The depressed psychopath comes into the inspection department and sits down in Julie's chair. Julie says Hi, he says Hi back. I say 'what's up?' and he says Hi to Julie once again. He totally ignored me! Julie shoots me a weird look, then asks if there is something we can help him with.

I couldn't believe it. I'm a manager for God's sake, I don't normally throw that phrase around, but damn! I deserve a little respect!

Julie was in shock.

It is still beside me how I could have angered this guy this much to be such an ass to me. I mean, I don't even know him! I teased him for maybe a few minutes most, and really, I was just kidding around with him and giving him a hard time like I do to everyone.

Julie's Theories

  • He has a bad temper and flies off the handle at the slightest inclination.
  • He had a crush on me and I made him feel like a jackass.
  • He's a homicidal maniac and just needed an outlet for his madness.

Let's just hope it's not the last theory.

8 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Better start packin heat.
He's got a loaded shotgun in his pickup.

:)

Ok.. I'm only half kidding. You should report this to someone.. this has bad potential written all over it.
We don't wanna see you on the 6:00 news.

BE CAREFUL!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I would try talking to this guy (with witnesses) and if you are still having personality conflicts, I would report him to your superiors. Make sure you have everything in writing for his next evaluation.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

What a DH, some people just cant take a joke.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, he drives a saturn Ion. LOL! Seriously, I did mention to his boss that his behavior was suspicious and it was kind of bothering me.

big mama, I'm not his boss, thank God. As for talking to him, I think I'm going to be keeping my distance as much as possible. Especially now that I've talked to his manager.

ranea, I'm sooo glad there are others out there like me. :D

pixie, you are so correct on this one.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Do you carry mace? Just asking.

8:27 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I'm guessing the guy is just a peckerhead.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I think it's B, he wants to get his leg over with you. Any one with that kind of grudge for something so trivial can't be getting regular Nookie.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work with a guys like that too.

Hey he probably left the saw dust on the toilet seat. I go with Julie's theories.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons