My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 28, 2006

At War with the Spice Girl

Spice Girl has taken it upon herself to make my management skills a 'project' for her to work upon. Can you believe that?? I'm pissed right to the very core.

2 months ago I received a 98% on my performance evaluation, she had nothing buy good things to say about my performance. Today I may as well be scum of the earth.

I think what pisses me off most is this information is coming from one of the fakest, phoniest, plastic, preteen wannabes in the world.

Puh-lease!!

This coming from the woman who, at this very moment, is walking around with several members of a customer executive team wearing a skin tight camouflage t-shirt with the word 'hottie' spelled across the chest in gold sparkles.

Ugh!!!!

I have brought this issue up with one other manager that I work with, someone who I trust and respect. After first teasing me that I can't get along with any of the women I work with, he then told me exactly what I didn't want to hear.

Spice Girl is viewing me as a threat to her. She is absolutely someone who thrives on attention, someone who feels they must be the center of attention at all times. As long as I'm not stealing any of the limelight from her, I'm all set.

I now feel she has taken out a personal vendetta against me, she will tear me down before she is through. Not good, this is my boss. Also not good, several members of my team are telling me she is treating them the same way. It makes me angry that one person can have that much power over other peoples lives.

My advice to them was to keep on doing their best and don't let her beat them down. I know this is going to get much uglier before it gets any better.

10 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

I really don't "hate" people but man I HATE people like that! Maybe that crazy guy that can't take a joke is in cahoots with her?!?! Who knows. Seems like your workplace is turning in to a soap opera... ~As Sherri's World Turns~

3:32 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

My boss occasionally tends to bark at us, and the other two in my department kind of take it. But I bark right back at him if I know I'm right or did the right thing.

Bosses are like children. Certainly. They need to be handled carefully. In your case, your boss seems to have gotten there by doing somebody a favor. Surely a woman of her attitude and maturity could not have gotten there on experience or kindness!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, I feel as though my life is a soap on most days myself. The only thing missing is the dramatic music in the back ground... LOL!!!

redneck nerdboy, I know for a fact that she didn't get the job based on attitude and kindness. I won't go into detail, but she knows I know a little too much about her.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Knuckle dusters always work :p

5:52 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Gareth! Haha!

Sherri - Yeah, that may be what it's all about. I think Hottie's almost ready for a rude awakening. Either that or she'll get bored with her job. Ditzes like her never stay in one place for long.

6:09 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Good luck with outlasting this ho.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I can't believe that a company like yours who want to portray a professional image would let a member of the management team walk around with a T shirt like that.

What sort of example does it serve to co-workers and more importantly CUSTOMERS who will view the company's products as potentially as cheap and shoddy as the top she's wearing.

Sorry for the long winded answer Sherri, but if she worked for me I'd send her home to change into something more suited to her position of authority.

How can anyone take her seiously ?

7:42 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

gareth, I'll keep that advice in mind. :D

redneck nerdboy, I can only hope that she becomes bored and moves on.

fuzzbox, I'm certain things will work out in the end. I have a feeling she is probably feeling pressure to perform by our new DO and this behavior is a direct result of all that.

ben, for years it was mandatory that executive management dress to a certain level of class. Somewhere along the way all that went out the door. As for taking her seriously, I'm certain people don't. How can you take someone serious when they show up to work wearing pink patent leather sling back pumps with a pink derby hat talking all about what a wild time they had on the infield of the NASCAR race last weekend.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you take things so seriously Sherri?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

keith, I can't help it.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons