My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Waste of Good Oxygen

Sometimes I could just thump people, I swear to God.

One of my receivers approached me today with an issue. Apparently several receipts of a certain component have been received where the supplier has sent us way more then what they should have, causing a huge count discrepancy on the floor.

So, I say to her, why aren't we catching these discrepancies when we verify the counts? Silence. She doesn't say a word. I'm staring at 4 packing slips and I see that 4 different people have opened the packages and verified the counts, not a one had spotted the discrepancies. Which tells me, they are NOT doing their job, nothing is being counted, they aren't even looking at the listed quantities on the manufacturer labels!

I'm so ticked off at the moment I could just scream.

I begin to tell the receiver the actions I want her to take. She's not liking what I have to say and continually buts in. Finally I stop her in mid sentence and calmly state "Audrey, you are not listening to me. You have to listen to what I'm saying in order to fix this situation."

Can you believe she had the nerve to continue on with her pathetic ramblings??

I sat there and stared right at her until she was done. I stood up, told her I was going to take a look at what was on the floor, and advised her that what I was telling her needed to be done would be done. I don't like to be this way, but sometimes you have to be.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hitler is alive and living in Michigan *wink*

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

awwww Gareth, you always have such kind things to say about me. LOL!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Give them hell Sherri! 5th time is the charm, right?

11:18 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I'm with Gareth.. Seig, heil!

maybe you should ask her "would you rather listen to me or be driving home to find a new job?" I'm sure that would stop HER in mid sentence.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya gotta Stick 2 U'r Guns!
...or just shoot her!
heheee...

;]

1:58 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

You should have pimp slapped her.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I can just picture her there with a thought bubble over her head with a bunch of ???? and the word duh written there....

9:12 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

If she wants to act like a child, treat her like one.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons