My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Embarrassing Moment #552

Never bring your kids out in public, it will always end horribly.

Thomas, Zachary, and I are all in the check out line at Wal Mart. As usual, the checker is racing along at a snails pace and a million people are milling around us waiting to be checked out. I am absolutely frazzled by my kids, the constant arguing and picking has not ended since the minute we all got into the jeep to head to Wal Mart.

At the point where Thomas yelled at the top of his lungs that Zachary was a dummy ass I lost it. All eyes upon us, I yell at them both to shut up and stop fighting, I didn't want to hear another word out of either of them.

The ten foot perimeter around us was suddenly quiet, even thought I didn't look up, I knew everyone and their brother were staring at us, undoubtedly wishing they were in another line.

After a few moments of silence, enough to make the whole situation very uncomfortable, Thomas breaks the silence.

"Mom..." His voice is hesitant, but he still calls out my name.

"Yes Thomas" Trying to be nice, my voice dripping with irritation.

"I farted." He smiles, I'm horrified, I know everyone can hear him.

"What do you say?" I'm trying to at least show we've got a little couth.

"PU" I can't believe my ears, did he really say that?? I give up and start to laugh.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

I would've just started laughing uncontrollably.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it.

phoenix, I actually did, I couldn't even help myself.

2:58 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

What would we do without those little guys who make us realize that life isn't really to be taken so seriously!? That is so cute! I'm even laughing now myself!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

LMAO

10:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG I would have lost it as soon as he said he farted LOL!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. My mother-in-law is dying of laughter, too.

12:00 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I still haven't outgrown fart humor. I would have busted a gut.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh lord. I would have done the same thing! No REAL parent would ever just stare, we'd have helped you out. I'll hold him while you spank!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons