My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Another day, another reason to run away and hide.....

Women are the most insanely jealous, irrational, flighty people on the face of the earth.

The new quality engineer has been in my area training for the past few days, I'm surprised it has taken until today for the issue I'm about to tell you to arise.

Let's start by stating he's single and, from what he says, financially comfortable. The women in this shop are beginning to line up to get noticed by him, I'm certain, before the end of the week, he will become attached to a few.

So, as I've stated, for the past few days he has been working in inspection with Helen, Julie, and myself trying to get up to speed on what it is that our company does. A very difficult thing for someone who does not have electronics experience.

Today Stephanie showed up and asked me if I would take a look at a Quality issue they have seen on boards on the floor. She was in doubt as to whether or not the boards were being worked on in situations that didn't warrant the work. I looked, I researched in IPC, and I told her I felt the boards did need trace repairs and they should continue doing what they were doing.

This totally ticked off one of the other quality tech's who had apparently told her the exposed traces were acceptable. Like crazy women Stephanie and I searched through the documents and were unable to find anything to validate her statement that the exposed traces were acceptable.

Finally, I told Steph she needed to get with Spice Girl, she was the only person who was qualified to make the decision. In my opinion the boards were all rejects and masking repairs needed to be made.

Spice Girl had made the same decision I did and deemed the boards rejects.

The pissed off quality tech was even more furious. She comes trucking back to my desk and starts questioning how I can go against IPC and what grounds do I have to make the decision. Stephanie, Dave, and the new quality engineer just sat there and stared at the spectacle.

In my calmest voice, I state to her I have not found any valid documentation to state the condition is acceptable. I do have checklists and engineering specs that state the condition to be rejectable, and it is the determination of my area these boards fail line item 7 in the RCP.

Then the new quality engineer speaks up. He has taken my side and aimed his comment right at Sandy.

It infuriated her.

That's when it hit me..... This whole situation had nothing to do with an actual quality issue, it had to do with her getting noticed. I would have never even linked the two scenarios together except somehow she was able to make a reference to a pubic hair in the midst of her next response.

A pubic hair!!

It all became clear to me at that point. She's single and looking for someone to support her. He's single and looking, and self proclaimed 'financially comfortable'. She was trying to make herself noticed by him, and I was throwing a hitch in her plan of coming off suave and intelligent.

Now, I have no idea what the quality engineer had thought of the display, or if he had even given it a thought, but I was non plussed by the whole thing.
  • She looks kind of trashy with the fake blond hair and the high heeled boots with footstraps.
  • Her girdle was showing when she bent down because her jeans were too low and her shirt was too short.
  • Her whole attitude was that of a spoiled rotten bratt that hadn't gotten her way.
  • Lastly, who in the heck talks about a pubic hair in a dead serious conversation about the acceptability of boards that cost $1000 a piece once populated??

I'm constantly amazed how I end up involved in situations such as this. They seek me out.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would summarily reject any board that had a pubic hair on it.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, the board didn't have a pubic hair on it, which is why that whole topic was outlandish. She was comparing the size of a pubic hair to the allowed size of incomplete solder resist coating on a trace.

Who makes a comparison with a pubic hair???

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even so, I would reject any board that a pubic hair on it!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Two words: white trash.

11:18 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Just WHO's pubic hair was ON the board... I might not reject it so fast.. heh heh

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Ditto Phoenix.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons