My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Swarm of Fruit Flies

Mary had brought me in a few tomatoes from her garden last Friday, I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't like tomatoes. What was worse, these were already getting soft, almost squishy to the touch.

Thanking her, I put them in a Wal Mart bag and hid them in my desk drawer with my purse. One thing led to another, and I ended up leaving work early Friday, totally forgetting my purse and the tomatoes in my desk.

Shall we fast forward to this morning?

Today I arrive at work and find that I literally have to swat away fruit flies to get to my desk. 'Where could these things be coming from?' I ask myself. Removing my coat, I hang it on the back of my chair and reach down to check on my purse, I had worried about it all weekend.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked down to see my drawer literally crawling with fruit flies. They were coming from the liquefied remains of the tomatoes Mary had given me.

I almost died.

Glancing out the door, I could see Mary sitting at her desk waving good morning to me. Smiling back, I waved to her and secretly prayed I would be able to hide the evidence before she even knew a thing.

So far, so good.

3 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Yuch. Now I know that I won't have a BLT for lunch.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

I just started a "lifestyle change" aka diet, and this entry has prevented me from eating. So THANK YOU for helping me today!

1:57 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Amazing how those little buggers just appear and mass produce overnight!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons