My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Oh, the Humanity.....

Why is it that a person having the most embarrassing of personal problems will always get a wide spread audience of onlookers and helpers, but the person who is very obviously in need of assistance, will get none??

Many a time I have been in need of someone to heft something really heavy, and many a time I have been left to somehow manage on my own. But, on a day that I want to speak about something embarrassing and personal, I have to beat people off with a stick. It boggles the mind.

I'll bet you're wondering what this is all about by now, aren't you.

Here's the scoop. I awoke this morning with a very sore red bump in my armpit. Almost certain it is an ingrown hair, I decide to confide in a coworker to see what I may be able to do about the situation. The next thing I know I have a hoard of people huddled around my exposed armpit staring at the red bump.

How humiliating is that???

Lesson #1 in work place admissions:

It is never wise to expose something this personal in nature to anyone within your work place. (Unfortunately, I have learned this one the hard way.) You will be invariably humiliated.

7 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

What about that red bump on your hiney?? I think you need to be showin THAT! lol

11:48 AM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

It's the bread baking mentality.

No one wants to lift a finger to help bake bread, but everyone wants to partake of it when it's done!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, red bump on my hiney??? LOL!!!

nerdboy, I loved that story when I was a kid.

3:26 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Another axiom of Murphy's law at work.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I had a bump I couldn't see right under my right breast once. I too learned that you need not share in the workplace. I didn't have to expose myself, but I had a couple of the girls coming up to me asking me to lift my shirt because so-and-so told them I had a mystery bump.... *sigh* I just chalked it up to one more lesson learned. Hope the pit feels better soon.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Typical! I hope there wernt any guys around this time.. hope the bump is gone soon

12:41 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Keep your clothes on at work girl...just keep em on...

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons