My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Birthday Blues

Audrey has been crying all morning. She thrives on the attention, it makes me ill. She won't tell anyone what is wrong with her so we are all left to assume that, because today is her birthday, she's having birthday blues. I think it's a crock of shit. She just wants attention.

You don't see me in here blubbering, nobody even has a clue that I got into a huge fight with Charlie this morning and broke just about every dish in the cupboard when he threw his damn shoe at me. As embarrassing as that might be, I did do that. Then cried all the way to work. But, because it was Audrey's birthday, I faked a good mood and came cruising in with her birthday gift, because, as you have probably already guessed it, once again I was put in charge of making sure she got something.

I can't even tell you how pissed off I was that she didn't even open the gift and sat there and cried in front of everyone like a big fucking baby.

I feel like my entire life is crashing down around me and she's devastated because she turned 42 today.

10 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

You should get all hard ass on her... Walk up.. slap her.. and tell her she needs to buck up and appreciate what she has... :)

Ok.. maybe not... but you are right... kinda ridiculous.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh and you can delete that comment to rid this place of my e-mail address too.......(please)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Someone shoot her...please.

He threw a shoe at you? I think I did that in the 2nd grade.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, I would crush her to oblivian if I did that.... Hmmm.... now I'm toying with the idea.

big mama, your such a kind person, I really appreciate the kind words and support you give. (And, I've deleted out your email address.)

phoenix, well, I did instigate it. It was my shoe, and I yelled at him to 'get my damn shoes off'. He took them off and threw them at me. They didn't hit me or anything, I'm pretty sure he didn't want them to hit me or anything, but it totally pissed me off.

Good grief, I think I'm losing it. I'm reading what I'm writing and I'm totally embarrassed by it.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, funny story about the paper plates. There wasn't a single paper plate in this place! We had to eat cake from napkins and coffee filters.

As for why he was wearing my shoes, he was too lazy to put his own on, and mine were laying next to the door. So he slips his feet in and crunches down the back of the shoe. It totally destroys the shoe, which is what really makes me mad.

The sick leave? I'd be better off here at work. Charlie has the entire week off and has been spending his time at home. What started the whole fight? He didn't even bother to call our daycare lady to tell her Thomas wouldn't be there. I found out from Zach. Then he told me that was my department I should have done it. What the hell??

11:40 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Ya, know Sherri... if it WAS your dept..then it's also your dept to SPEND ALL THE MONEY! I mean EVERYONE knows women do that too!

:)

11:51 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

There is something satisfying in throwing plates that break... I did break a few one time myself. Shoes, on the other hand, are a lame thing to throw. Glad it wasn't a stiletto!

Hugs - hang in there Sherri.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

42, heaven forbid! Why are people like that? Get over it, you're 42. Age is nothing but a number.

Hang in there hon, things will get better. :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

WTF is so bad about being 42. She needed to be pimpslapped.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons