My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, September 01, 2006

There must be a line drawn in the sand somewhere when it comes to what is expected from your coworkers.....

I'm talking with Ruthie at her desk as I wait for one of the purchasers to get off the phone.

Ruthie walks over to the fridge and pulls out a Code Red Mt. Dew, arm outstretched in my direction. "Will you open this for me hun?" she says. I know she is ailing and elderly, it doesn't even cross my mind as an option, of course I'm going to open it.

Pssssssssssssss....... (pop spraying everywhere as I twist off the top)

My eyes are burning and I'm unable to stop laughing. Wiping pop from my face I say to Ruthie, "I'm not going to do things for you anymore if you don't start being nice to me." We are laughing our heads off, loudly, in an almost silent bull pen. I'm covered in sticky liquid from head to toe.

"Oh My God hun, I'm so sorry," tears are streaming down her cheeks from laughter.


Hope you're all having a happy Friday! As you can see, I sure am!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Well it's about time something positive (so to speak) happens to you at work, LOL!!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Too funny! Have a great Labor Day Sherri!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Hey Sherri, you used the English word "Pop" instead of "Soda". You're the first American I've ever known use the wor "Pop".

6:46 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, sometimes you just need to forget about the negative and focus on the positive.

vodka, you have a happy labor day too!!!!

ben, such an illustious honor! :D

Actually, I think it may be regional, where I live we all call it pop.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Hope your labor day is without labor...

6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Labor Day :)

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons