My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Interesting Helen Fact #544

Helen was a hussy in her day.

With beaming pride and a smile from ear to ear, I sat and listened as Helen explained to me the circumstances of her 'love at first sight' encounter with her husband.

Helen was 19, engaged to a 35 year old, and 1 month pregnant with the baby of a 52 year old neighbor.

When she had been stopped by her future husband during a case of misidentification, she STILL chose to go out with him on a date regardless of the previous mentioned conditions.

3 weeks later, they were married.

Am I the only one out there who finds this story completely disturbing??

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is a many wonderous thing to so many different people. Different stroke for different folks. Ain't that right, Willis?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Will said...

That is completely disturbing !! I fear for that poor child.

Is she proud of these facts ? I hope not.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, she WAS proud of those facts. I was completely disturbed, to tell the truth. She then went on to tell me about how several of her kids had run away from home at several points in their lives. One went all the way to California for a few weeks, one went out to New York, another one hitch hiked with a trucker for a few weeks.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I'm astonished. What an awful mother. Sometimes makes me think that some people should be sterilised, but that's me having nasty thoughts and being too judgemental.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Wow! Freaking WOW!!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*thinks... Damn. Hope I can still "get" a 19yr old when Im 52!

No...seriously though...very disturbing.

Have a great Xmas Sherri!!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the love of a woman living in a single wide when she meets a double wide kind of man. I love this story, and I believe Helen must be related to me in some way.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Very disturbing.
Sounds like a Jerry Springer episode.

9:59 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

What a sweet story! ;)

What else could I say. It's a sick world and I am a happy man!!!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons