My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Scene: Thomas and I are arriving at daycare, approximately 7:10 am.

  • Thomas {smiling in excitement} I know what's the matter! {His little voice is bursting with pride.}
  • Me {puzzled expression on my face} What do you mean? What's the matter?
  • Thomas {I'm holding Thomas's hands as I help him out of the back seat of the jeep.} I know why your heart is sad.
  • Me {shocked by Thomas's statement} Why do you think my heart is sad?
  • Thomas {staring up at me, speculating in his own little 4 year old way} Your heart is sad because we need to get Christmas. When can we put up Christmas?
  • Me {stunned for a moment, not quite sure what to say} We can decorate this weekend, how does that sound?
  • Thomas {running ahead} Ok, I want to fix your heart, Mom.

I'm completely amazed by Thomas, to be quite honest. For such a little guy to be so perceptive, and to worry about such things, boggles my mind. I can't help but feel guilty that I've been displaying a behavior that has worried him, I didn't even realize I was. I guess I'm not as good at hiding things as I thought I was.

Regardless, I was so touched by him this morning, I sure do love that little bugger.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Aww he is a cute little guy <3

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn him. I think I'm gonna cry.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. I always believe that little kids are like pets. Both know when something is not quite right ;)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

He's a perceptive little guy. Generally speaking, I think parents believe they are able to hide such things from their kids, but they pick it up...the sense it.

And no...little kids are NOT like pets.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Wow.... hug him real hard for me...

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons