My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Hitcher

I'll never understand people, this is plainly obvious.

I was at the gas station, Friday, robbing myself blind on $3.29 a gallon gas, when out of the blue, a man approaches me and asks if I'm heading down Old 27.

Looking suspiciously at this guy I tell him no, why did he ask. Thinking perhaps he was looking for directions, I was surprised at his answer.

"I'm just looking for a ride," then he stands there. He stands there!! Like I'm going to just say 'hop in complete stranger, I'll give you a ride.'

First, what type of guy approaches a completely unknown pregnant woman and solicits anything from her?? Second, what pregnant woman in her right mind is going to GIVE a ride to a complete and total stranger??

It was at this point that the gas station attendant came barreling out of the gas station, demanding the guy leave the premises at once, she was seconds away from calling the police and pressing harassment charges.

Thank God she came when she did....

7 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Happy Mom's day

5:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

ps-I am glad things worked out at the gas station, that was creepy

5:14 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Mommy's Day!

They must've had problems with this guy in the past. He's slick, too. He tries to find out where you're going. If you say, "Yes, I'm heading down Old 27," it's harder to say, "No, I refuse to give you a ride."

5:39 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Happy Mother's Day!

That it so creepy, I hate getting approached by anyone. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale...

Hey rub your babybelly for good luck for me, please? Thanks! I believe that babybellies are the very best luck in the world.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, that would be a little unnerving. The hitcher and the gas prices, that is.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey happy (belated) birthday for a couple of days ago ;)

6:48 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Happy Mother's day - you should celebrate it every day. Say, did you get the results of your tests back?

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons