My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, June 25, 2007

Playing hookey again.....

Yes, it is true, I've been quite the slacker as of recent.

I can't say that I was always like this, because, I wasn't. There was a time, not too long ago, that as much as I would have liked to skip work and do lunch and go to the lake all day, I wouldn't have. Obligation and a sense of necessity would have kept me at my desk slaving away to ensure everything went according as plan.

Those days have passed.....

I started the morning by taking Thomas to his well-child check up for booster shots. He was such a good boy! He never even shed a tear, I was more broke up by it all then he was! Even his pediatrician was impressed. I'm beaming with pride still, just thinking about how good he was.

I did find out that Thomas will probably only grow up to be about 5'6 as an adult. Poor little guy, he has no idea yet that he has been cursed with his father's Pygmy genes. It's odd how my boys could be so different from each other. Zachary, on the other hand, has always been big for his age. When he was 7 years old I found out that he would probably grow to be 6' as an adult.

Very different indeed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

Any time that I can call in and not get caught, I am so doing it. Work ... ugh ....

10:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Poor Seth screamed his little head off when he got his well-baby shots today. :( Maybe someday he'll be a trouper, but not yet. He's still too little.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

crazy me, my sentiments exactly!

jessica, isn't that the worst feeling! Sitting there, holding them down, forcing them to endure those dreaded shots. I always hated that. Now I've got to go through it all over again....

8:46 AM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

When I was 6 (I was really tiny back then - ah the good ol' days) the doctors told my mom I wouldn't get any taller than 5'1". I'm 5'8" now. You never know!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

vodka, that is very good to know! Thomas may yet have a chance at height!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played hookey on Monday too! It was great :) I'm not sure I'll ever get enough sleep.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons