My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, May 21, 2007

The News

While unpleasant and certainly not something I looked forward to, this could end up being a good thing for me in the end.

I have just received official notification, today, that the company who has purchased and taken over the corporation I work for will be closing my production plant. I will be out of a job possibly as early as August 24th but no later then December 31st.

It saddened me to see my fellow coworkers cry in despair, throw their arms up in defeat, and literally lose all hope. I can not help but see this as a good thing, if only for me. I was miserable working for a corporation where I was employee number 2825, nothing more, just a stat.

I just need to make sure I take advantage of this situation and turn it to my advantage.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Yikes, i'm happy for you but definitely feel for your coworkers. It's like this all around the state. We are definitely feeling it in Detroit.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Taht happened here too not so long ago, it sucks but after a few days you can see the possibilities!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're taking it way better than I would have. It's great to be able to make this into an opportunity though. I hope everything works out for you!

9:04 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Sherri, I have mixed feelings about this. My bank was swallowed by a gorilla OOPS I mean another bank... I did lose my job and looking back, can't complain. But it isn't an easy transition. Of course you shall hopefully have your new child by then, and will be off anyway. Good luck snagging a giant package - best of all things to you. You go girl.

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NerdRoom@WAKEUP.com

Many Nerds won't be returning. Some old timers I remember from last year, people like Trenchcoat Mafia, I think Silk Dragon Shirt, probably won't be coming back.
Spamming blogs I put their names up, immortalizing them, if only until the blog owner erases it::::
1. Trenchcoat Mafia
2. Silk Dragon Shirt
3. The Distinguished English Gentleman
4. Beta Nerd, and of course
5. Rosie The Transsexual
Rosie's original name was just Rosie, due to his rosie cheeks. Then they shared he has a high level of knowledge as a tactic. This of course is a similar segment to that which they dump transsexuals into to gain a false sense of security.
I too enjoy irony, and therefore Rosie has now become Rosie The Transsexual.
Who else has a nickname in the NerdRoom?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

You are certainly the optimist. I'm sure everything will work out for you. Maybe you'll find something that makes you happy.

10:12 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I hope everything turns out alright. I recently changed my career and am loving every minute of it. Hope your situation turns out the same.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons