My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, February 15, 2008

Sherri Sanders, Total Slob

Why is it when your house is at it's worst you get the most company?

As you may recall from a previous post, I have recently come into the habit of spending my days hanging around my house in pajamas and sweat pants. Not really a big issue if you don't plan on entertaining the masses....

I, however, have begun to think this is a complete mistake.

Standing in my kitchen, surveying the clutter that had amassed itself upon my countertop, I suddenly hear a knock at my door. Horrified and half afraid of how terrible I really looked, I peeked my head around the corner to see my friend Sandy standing at the door.

It's at this moment in time that you really just want to crawl into a crack in the linoleum and die.

Happy to see her, yet completely ashamed of my hovel and ramshackle appearance, I open the door and ask her to come in. Asking her to forgive the baby spittle that was all over my top and the blanket fort that Thomas had built in the middle of the living room with the kitchen stools, I cleared a path for her in the toys that had been strewn around the floor so we could sit and chat on the couch.

I can't help but remember the days when I had only 1 child and my house was always so clean and tidy and everything was in it's place. I long for those days.......

Those days are long gone, however!

I am now surrounded by blankets on stools and candy wrappers in the couch cushions, fingerprints on every window in the house and melted snow everywhere you look.

Even as I sit here and write this I look out the window only to find my 13 year old has put an extension ladder up to the roof and is bouncing up and down on it before my very eyes.

If I make it through this thing they call "Motherhood" I can tell you one thing, I deserve a medal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

You would be horrified if you stepped into my house.

9:25 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Ha ha - you described it so well! I remember it vividly - when my 3 kids were small... and yes, the moment of horror and shame when you are discovered by a visitor, as you are surrounded with stuff. Those days did pass... and cheer up, so will yours.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Teriana said...

As long as you don't go outside in those pajamas and sweatpants, you're okay.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Haha, I just finished doing a MAJOR clean on my place. Turns out that when you start making friends, they tend to pop in once in awhile. Got tired of feeling embarassed at the clutter/mess that welcomed them

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons