My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Black Tuesday

Not a single, solitary sale today....

I hate days like that. The minutes seem to just crawl by, 3 hours feels like an eternity.

Phone Lady was in again today, with all her usual charm and grace. After greeting her in my required 60 second time frame I was curtly told she was just window shopping and she immediately pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number. Her conversation could be heard across the store, but Phone Lady never cares, her only mission in life is to prove to others how important she is via the cell phone.

"May I try these on please?" Phone Lady asked, holding out a few clearance items she had snagged from a rack.

"Sure, let me start a fitting room for you," I smiled, totally faking it. This woman is a pain in the ass every time she frequents the store.

Several moments pass when I hear Phone Lady asking for my assistance. She is peeking out the fitting room door and asking me if I can exchange some capri pants for her, she is looking for a size 12.

Size 12?

I look at her, look at the size 10 capri pants she has given me, and I have to fight to keep opinions to myself.

The woman is CLEARLY not a size 12, she would have to drop half her body weight to be a size 12.

"This woman is totally in denial," I laugh, rolling my eyes, and head over to the clearance rack.

"You're starting to catch on to things around here," Bev says, chuckling over my comment.

Needless to say, Phone Lady did not actually find anything that fit her 'just right' today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe I'll stop by and try on some size 12 items. Of course, they'll split in two and I'll be stuck with rags.

11:04 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Was it hard changing careers so to speak? I've been a secretary all my life - now I have no job and maybe I should try Ross, or Pennys, or sales of some sort. I hate that kind of stuff - because I can't lie to folks - but hey, I've never tried anything else.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Scott said...

I love that label, "Phone Lady"! Every single day, I am surrounded by phone-ladies, and phone-gentleman (most of which, because of their behavior, are not really ladies and gentleman, but sub-human beasts)!

I would say I despise cellphones, but it's actually cellphone-abuse that's despicable! Still, I consider the cellphone one of the worst inventions of all time!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons