My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Guy Named Al

Have you ever looked off into the distance and found a set of eyes staring back at you?

I was in Walmart earlier today picking up a few items when I came across a friend of mine from previous employment. Like I do with everyone I see that I used to work with, we chatted for about 10 minutes catching up on new endeavors and changes that have happened in our lives since we all lost our jobs. It was at the tail end of the conversation that my sight line drifted off into the distance.

Intending on staring off into space for a moment before saying my farewell, my attention was immediately grabbed by a man standing by the deli counter staring at me.

At first I couldn't place the face. How do I know this guy? His face so familiar to me that I just knew I knew him from somewhere, yet, I had no idea where! I wondered if he were thinking the same thing.

I was almost at the register when it hit me.

He and I worked at McDonald's together, many MANY moons ago, and he had developed a crush on me at some point. Although I never really had any feelings for this guy, I did keep a straw wrapper he had tossed at me and glued it into a scrapbook I was keeping at the time.

5 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

Ah - McDonald's love. You never know about those things...

12:42 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

Buddy I'm just checking in with ya. Hoping you and your family are all doing well :-)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Scott said...

I've always envied women--so adored, by so many members of the opposite sex. But I've encountered very few women who don't take this adoration for granted, who even resent it.

Thus it is refreshing to encounter a woman like you, who doesn't take this adoration for granted, who actually appreciates it!

And we men need to be appreciated. Speaking on behalf of us all, thank you!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh good lord.... take a break from blogging and return to find comments requesting I watch Natasha naked! LOL Ugh!!!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons