My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Do Not Eat

Why do you suppose they put that warning on the outside of desiccate packs?

Let me tell you...

I bought a package of pepperoni tonight to make cheese and cracker snacks for my kids and I. Barely paying attention to what I was doing because my kids were on my fucking LAST nerve, I popped a few slices of what I thought were pepperonis into my mouth.

It was NOT a pretty sight.

A gritty pocket of bitter sand burst into my mouth as I bit through the desiccate packaging and released it's contents.

I've never tasted anything so horrible in my life.

God help me if I sprout a third arm and suddenly develop the ability to move things with my mind as a result of all this.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Scott said...

I've never heard of dessicate packs, until now. I just Googled it, and it does sound quite disgusting! Even the word sounds disgusting! I've always been a very curious eater--eager to try just about anything. Many years ago, while digging for fishing worms, I wondered how an earthworm would taste to a fish. So I ate a live worm--and of course it was the worst thing I ever tasted, extremely bitter! Fish obviously have different taste buds!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yikes! I guess you have been a curious eater... LOL I don't think there is any amount of curiousity out there that could pique me enough to consume a creepy crawly.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Third arm? It'd be handy, right? And telekinesis would be awesome. I think I have a few desiccate packets lying around. Bon appetit!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Exactly! If you're not supposed to eat it, why do they put it in food? When I'm elected President, or Sexiest Man Alive, whichever comes first, I'm going to outlaw those packets.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Jessica, So tell me, were they good? ;)

Phil, I think it's the most ridiculous thing ever that they put something you aren't allowed to ingest into something meant for ingesting. You can count on my votes for both president and sexiest man alive!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons