My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Happy Birthday, part 2

I'm really getting bummed.

I know that it is selfish of me to not be happy with what I did get today, but, I feel kind of upset by it. Last week, Mary had said "oh my God! It was Laura's birthday yesterday, and nobody did a thing for her. That's just not right!" So, she ended up making her this big brownie thing and gave her one of her woodcrafts that she had made. She even hooked a balloon to it.

So, today I come in, and on my desk is a hostess cupcake and a card. And something that Mary had done with her scroll saw last night. I can see where the varnish has dripped on it. Mary said "I just didn't feel like doing anymore cooking last night Sherri, or I would have made you a cake." I just smiled big, and thanked everyone. Then Mary went on to say "I had to make my taco salad for the pot luck in the RMA center. I was just pooped last night." So, that's when I felt it happened. I was hurt. It was a travesty that Laura's birthday went by unrecognized, but, it's ok to slap together a haphazard acknowledgement. To be frank and honest, I would rather have had my birthday gone by unrecognized. The whole display this morning was just purely low class and tasteless. I didn't falter, however. I kept the fake smile displayed on my face, and I thanked everyone, again, for thinking of me on my birthday.

I honestly don't think there is a person in this world who would ever treat me as well as I treat them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons