My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I am so bored

I am so bored I am literally sitting in front of this damn computer staring at it. I have exhausted all of the usual 'pass the time' activities I normally do, and still have hours left in the day. Nothing is on TV, and I can't go outside because it has been raining, or may even still be misting rain, and I don't feel like getting all wet. This totally sucks!

I'm happy to see that Jessica is reading and posting comments to my blog. :)



Tidbit of information:

Jessica and I have been friends since the 7th grade. Which, ironically, we started out hating each other in the very beginning. It was 7th grade art class, and I have no idea why we even hated each other. I just remember that we were forced to sit at the same table in Art.

Where and when the hate turned into friendship escapes me. I just remember one day, 9 days after school had let out, she called me on the phone. That was a much different time in my life. I can still recall the brilliant plan of the moment was to see how many days in a row I could go without taking a shower. That was also the summer I forever disfigured my right hand pointer finger fingernail with one fingered pecking on a manual typewriter. I had decided to become a literary genius, writing short stories about everything and anything. None of them really any good, but they sure were entertaining.

The first time Jessica had ever slept over at my house could have been the makings of a pre-teen comedy/horror. I had wanted everything to go so cool, and it was anything but. Seeing Jessica's visit as an 'opportunity' to have yet even more work done by someone other then herself, my mother decided she was going to have us load up junk on the back of the truck to haul to the dump. (You will come to find out in time that I have a lot of unresolved issues concerning my mother.) So, Jessica, my brother, and I all load up the back of the truck with everything from bags of household refuse to old console TV sets.

Now, seeing as this is a pre-teen comedy/horror, it only gets worse from here. Because it would take someone to actually unload the truck once it was brought to the dump, Jessica, my brother, and I were all forced to ride to the dump to unload the truck. On the back of the truck, with the junk. It was definitely an experience I would not want to relive. If only I could say that things had gotten better from there..........

As a reward for taking care of the junk and garbage, it was decided that we would all cruise through town, to McDonald's, go through the drive thru, and each get some kind of treat. While still sitting in the back of the truck, still smelling of the garbage we had been sitting on only minutes earlier on our way to the dump. For a pre-teen girl, it might as well be death by humiliation. I was absolutely sure that Jessica would never want to be my friend again after she went home.

We did remain friends, and good friends for the most part. I have to say, I am definitely a better person for it. Everyone needs at least one person they can confide in who knows all the secrets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

You forgot the part when I freaked out because bugs started crawling out of one of the trash bags sitting next to me.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh no! My memory is starting to fail me! :) I can't believe I forgot such an important detail. I believe they were beetles of some sort.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons