My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Happy Birthday

Today is my 31st birthday, and it's shaping up to be a bad day. I can feel it already.

Zachary has an overnight field trip to Greenfield Village, so he is missing my birthday. He makes me so angry sometimes. I've been asking him for days for some kind of schedule. What time do I need to get him to the school? What does he need to bring? How much money should I send with him? Can he bring a camera? Everyday, same answer "Teacher didn't give me anything." So, today, he says he needs to be to the school by 7:20. In actuality, I find out, he was supposed to be there by 6:45. He almost missed his bus. I also found out that notification and hand outs were sent home with the kids. I didn't receive a thing. I just can't understand why he does this stuff. It just makes me want to pull my hair out.

Today is also the CFO visit. I did get all dressed up for the event. Black dress slacks, slightly flared. White satin button front long sleeved top. Black heeled boots. I have to say, I think I look fairly sharp. When I got here this morning, Rick was already making his rounds. He was in the receiving department talking with the girls. Of course, they were all in his face about down time, I just want to die when they get started on stuff. I'm literally embarrassed for them. They make themselves out to be absolute morons. I try to distance myself as much as possible. On Rick's final round, he walked past one more time to take a last look. I yelled over and asked "How do we look?" He walked in and scanned the area. So, I added "Don't forget, work takes place back here. If everything was shiny and polished, he'd wonder if anyone ever worked at all." I got a laugh out of him.

Then, the production managers meeting. I am now being referred to as 'Ms. Saturday'. Jim said he would iron my sash for me. Nobody knows that I didn't exactly volunteer for Saturday. I didn't say anything either. They were all smiles and happy that they didn't have to do it themselves. I just said "You guys need to be nice to me today, it's my birthday." :) So, Jim has now offered to steal some snacks out of Julie's office for me. What can I say.............it is a token of camaraderie.

So, here I am. Back at my desk, taking a 5 minute breather to get prepared for the next part of the day. We still have the walk through to look forward to. I hope it happens soon. It's getting hot in here, and I am beginning to wilt. :o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons