My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, May 16, 2005

"the smurf's are lost without you Papa smurf....."

I am absolutely shocked. I just turned the TV channel to cartoons for Thomas, and guess what was on! 'The Smurfs' I can't believe it. I remember vividly sitting on the floor, wrapped in my quilt, eating a bowl of cereal, and watching 'The Smurfs' every Saturday morning. It was the oddest feeling when I switched that channel. I almost felt like I was 8 years old again. To top it off, I remembered the episode that was playing. I must have seen it a million times when I was a kid.

I've been noticing lately that a lot of the toys and shows and cartoons that were around when I was a child are coming back. I've seen Strawberry Shortcake dolls in Wal Mart. I see commercials for Care Bears. One of the little girls at daycare collects My Little Pony's. Now, of course, I see 'The Smurfs' are back, and Thomas is absolutely glued to the TV right now. That's very unusual for him too.

The most apparent flash back to the past is coming out in the movie remakes that are happening. I have to admit, I watch and own 'Starsky and Hutch'. I do plan on watching 'Amityville Horror' when it comes out on DVD. I have rented all the 'Scooby Doo' remakes for Zachary. I also want to watch 'The Dukes of Hazzard' when it finally comes out. There were many a day when my brother, the neighbor kids from across the street, and I pretended to be members of the Dukes. Craig could even imitate the horn sequence from The General Lee. At the time, that was a talent that was highly revered. There are so many more, I just don't want to fill up the page with examples.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons