My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Amazing Ruthie

Leave it to Ruthie to brighten the day! A good ending to a not so good day.

Ruthie (Doc Control Coordinator) had come back to the area to have me look over a work instruction that needed to be updated. She takes one look at Denise and says "Who the hell are you?" I just burst out laughing, I couldn't help it. Ruthie gets a big smile on her face. (Did I mention she's like 57?) So I introduce Ruthie and Denise and explain what Denise's position is in the plant and how she is just in training. That's when Ruthie noticed 'one' of Denise's tattoos. Ruthie grabs Denise's hand, yanks up her sleeve, and sees the sleeve of tattoos Denise's husband has artfully designed up her arm. (Denise's husband is a tattoo artist.) I though for sure she was going to have a heart attack. It was just so damn funny I couldn't help it. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. Denise was laughing as well. Then Ruthie happened to notice the nails. "How in the hell can you work in those things?" she says. Still laughing, Denise says she had at least an inch cut off before she started here. They were normally a lot longer. That's when Ruthie asked her if she went to church. Denise, of course, doesn't go to church. I just about died at Ruthie's response. She just blurted out "Those damn women at the Catholic church. They bless themselves with that baptismal water like it's holy water and babies pee in there." So, there I am, again laughing to the point of tears. We finally ended the conversation with her secret confession that her daughter Sarah has her nipples pierced. I didn't say a word, but Denise had told me earlier that she had hers done as well. A package deal. I didn't ask what the whole 'package' was, but I'm assuming 'nether region' was included in there. AAAGH!! (The only reason for the confession was to let me know that she was grateful that I didn't judge based on appearance. She had thought about not wearing the tongue ring and all the earrings, but she wanted to be herself.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

Ruthie sounds like my kind of lady. Good for her!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons