My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 29, 2005

Home at Last

I've been trying to conserve on gas by not going home for lunch every day, but today I just had to get out of there. I just don't understand how people can live with themselves sometimes.

Today's meal......

Healthy Request frozen turkey and mashed potatoes. Very yummy, even if it is a TV dinner. (Real turkey to boot!)

I've been sitting here thinking about how all of my people are so visibly hostile toward the new tech. It's just bugging the hell out of me. I guess I just put myself in her position and think of how I would feel if it were happening to me. I'm definitely going to have a team meeting today before everyone leaves. I'll get her boss to come get her for a bit, and explain to him the situation I have going on. I was telling Joe about everything and he seems to think they may be experiencing jealousy that I'm taking the time to work with her one on one, there by taking away one on one time that I spend with all of them. I most notably notice it with Elizabeth. The minute Denise is out of the area she perches right on my desk and talks till the minute she gets back.

Note to self: Now that I have calmly thought about it, and rationalized a reason for the behavior, I'm going to have to make sure I get the one on one time with everyone just like normal. And fake nails with playboy bunnies airbrushed on them. LOL!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

I teach and develop "Dealing with Difficult People" classes, along with conflict management, team building, etc.

Are any of those going to help you? Not a bit, people are just jerks sometimes.

Hang in there.

1:49 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

I agree with Bobby. I like the nail idea. Let me know how it works. ;-)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

The team meeting went very well. It's amazing how much better you can make a person feel just by listening to their gripes. I didn't really have to say a whole lot. They got their opinions out, and it was like a huge weight was lifted off the area. I'm just so happy it worked out well.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons