My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's Official

I'm missing my home computer. You have no idea how much fun I have sitting at night reading everyone's blogs and chatting with friends. Plus, I just discovered Literati! I've barely been able to learn how to play, and I haven't even won a game yet. (Due to extreme procrastination, I've said everyday this week that I need to drop it off to have it looked at, but that's as far as I've gotten.)

1 more day of class to go. I can't wait until it's done. For the first 4 hours of the day I sit in the training room trying to absorb as much information as possible, and the next 5 hours I try like crazy to catch up with everything that I couldn't do the first 4 hours of the day because I'm still expected to get 9 hours of work out. It's crazy and it's frustrating. The minute I left that training room I had people mobbed around my desk with complaints and 'issues' and emergencies. It's enough to drive you insane. But, being a respected member of management, you have to sit there and listen intently and work through each issue and problem until everyone has been taken care of.

Flip side of the coin...... does my manager do that kind of stuff? Nope. She's in the line of people waiting to gripe at me because she had a complaint that items were found in the receiving department that had not been received in but had been in house for 2 days. (Yikes! I'm crabby again.)

  • Ok, I'm trying my best here. You've got me stuck in a class for a good portion of my day that I have already taken multiple times in the past.
  • I'm still required to get the same amount of output in half the time.
  • I'm stressed out.
  • Did you bother to do any research before you decided to flex your authority?

6 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

You need an hour long massage. A week in a warm, tropical place? A winning lotto ticket? Nope, I know what will make the day go by easier, with less stress and even make it fun. Look at pictures of your kids. Think of the funny shit they do every day. You are only at the workplace for them. Feel them hugging you and telling you it will be alright, mom. Think of how much they love you, even if the old one is not admitting it anymore, (I don't know this, but I know kids.) See how much easier the day became?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yep, you're 100% right. I keep a picture of them on my desk, it's burried right now under a mound of paperwork. It's amazing how a picture can put a smile back on your face.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I wouldn't mind winning the lotto and using the proceeds to go to a tropical resort for an hour long massage though!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Sounds like a yucky day. I hope it gets better for you!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

So what's the story with your computer? It's it refusing to boot? That's total BS b/c it's a brand new computer.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I don't know what the story is. I turn it on, and nothing happens. The light comes on, it acts like it's going to boot up, and it doesn't. It just sits in a perpetual state of inbetween.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons