My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

10 Sure Fire Signs Your Child is a Preteen

  1. He asks you to "how do I look" before he leaves for school. (Gotta impress those girls you know!)
  2. If you tell him he looks cute, he changes his outfit.
  3. He spends more time in front of the mirror then you do.
  4. It's no longer acceptable to give him a hug on the first day of school. (Aw......Mom!)
  5. You no longer have to tell him to brush his teeth.
  6. He is embarrassed to walk with you in the store.
  7. Carrying a lunch to school is 'lame'.
  8. The classic response to "what did you do in school today?" is "nothing"
  9. It's next to impossible to walk from one side of his bedroom to the other without serious injury.
  10. 3 main food groups - chips, pop, pizza

Today was Zach's first day of school. What a nightmare. I don't know if I'll be able to survive until adult hood!! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

My mom bought me 10 new shirts my freshman year, and unfortunately, she went to what she thought was a "hip" store.

I wore one of them, once. It had snaps, and shiny silver armbands, etc.

My mom never bought me shirts again.

Good luck to him, and you!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Because I still remember how horrible it is being a kid, I always have him pick out his school clothes. Lucky kid! I didn't have that when I was growing up.

9:20 AM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

I'll trade you two teenagers. I'm not kidding. :-)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm...... I get 2, you get 1. I just don't see that as being fair. I could, however, throw my husband in there. He's just as bad as a teenager, if not worse. LOL

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Poor guy! I remember those days...moms are just so uncool. My mother still has horrible taste in clothes and jewelry. I've forbidden her to buy me anything...I remind her, gift certificates please.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons