My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Have you ever seen or heard something terrible and the image stays with you? No matter how hard you try you just can't get it out of your thoughts?

I received an email this morning from one of my friends here at work and it just about made me cry. It basically consisted of a series of images of 'people with plenty' compared to 'people who go without'.

So, here I sit at work, very bothered by this email, for a million different reasons. I feel upset that people are suffering so much in the world. I feel guilty that I have things in life that they will never have. I feel sad that I can't change things. I feel happy that I'm not suffering the same fate as the people in the photos. And, I'm kind of angry at my friend for sending me this email and getting me all upset at work.

Sometimes it's hard to just get that image out of your mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

Yes, it sucks that people around the world are not as blessed as are we. Just be thankful for what you have, don't take anything for granted and you will be fine. You cannot change the world, but you can alter your little corner of it. Yes, some images do stick in my mind...it's that whole being human thing rearing it's ugly head again.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It makes me feel like a terrible person sometimes though. I take stuff for granted all the time and I'm not always thankful for what I have. Ugh.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You were moved by the image, which proves you're not a terrible person.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Jessica. :D

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons