My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A pole barn, a computer geek, and a windows error

Today on my lunch I decided to drop the tower off and have the computer guy take a peek at it. It hasn't been working properly for me, something about a windows system error, and I don't want to make the situation worse then it has to be.

I have to start by describing this place of business, it is literally a pole barn that was built behind a home around the corner from my house. You have to walk inside the garage area of the pole barn to get to the office door. Once you make it all the way in to the official office it has computer stuff sitting around on shelves, etc.

So, I arrive with the tower in tow and head up to the door. Now, the last time I was there a normal looking guy was working and I totally expected to see this guy when I stepped through the door. I was in for a shock. The guy behind the counter had most of his head shaved and the portion that wasn't was pulled into a ponytail on the top of his head. He had several huge studs pierced through the upper portion of his ear cartilage and different areas on his face pierced.

I pretended I didn't notice a thing and just started to explain to him the issues I've been having. Right away he knew exactly what was going on and began explaining to me what the problem was. I couldn't believe how smart and well versed he was. Talk about looks being deceiving! If I had listened to my initial instinct and ran like the wind I would have probably ended up paying someone else a fortune to fix the windows error.

In a way he really reminded me of a kid I went to school with. Matt Seucheck was a trencher with anarchist beliefs. I still remember the day, in Mr. Dutcher's world history class, he described to me how to build a bomb with a bic pen. I have to wonder whatever happened to Matt. Is he in prison? Did he become a priest? Is he a normal guy working a 9-5 job in suburbia? I guess I will never know.

Interesting fact, Matt was the first boy to ever call me on the phone. I was in second grade, and I've kept that totally secret until just now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Matt works in Hollywood! That's what I heard from Cheril Lin Abeel several years ago when we were lab partners in biology. (Yes, we were college lab partners. I'm sure I never mentioned it.) Obviously, I can't verify that it's fact -- that he somehow broke into the movie business, even if "breaking into" refers to landing a gopher job at a special-effects studio or literal breaking and entering (in which case he could be in prison just as you imagined). :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

By the way, it's a good thing you kept that fact a secret. Imagine how we would have teased you back in eighth grade had we known the truth!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I know!!! LOL!!!! You guys were ruthless!!!

OMG! How does someone like him end up in Hollywood?? And, how in the heck did you end up with Cheryl as a lab partner?? It's almost like I've wandered into an alternate universe or something.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Wow that is quite a secret - LOL Jessica - yeah can you imagine if you would have had a blog in eighth grade what we would have said to you? ;-)

Anyone who shows you how to make a bomb with a bic pen has to be on MY first-call list. ;-)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Umm what is a pole barn and a trencher??? You now have a bamboozling word dept as well as a word shortening dept?! :-P

7:42 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Hi Sherri, Angela here but I've changed my signature. I have a cousin like that. He looks like a total thug with tats and piercings all over the place but is one of the sweetest people I know. Looks can seriously be deceiving sometimes.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I had some friends like that when I was in the army... I'm really suprised I haven't read about one of them in the paper yet...

6:58 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Jillian, I believe you would have loved Matt. :)

Gareth, a pole barn is a big garage/shed type. Nothing fancy. A trencher is the slang name for a group of kids where I went to school. They always wore trench coats, always.

Angela, love the new name. :D

ranger tom, I always wonder about the kids I went to school with. I do know how a few of them turned out, but I really wonder about the others. Like, did Matt really end up in Hollywood? Did Jamie end up in prison? Did Heather end up a hooker on Division St.?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Sherri, I walked into Biology on the first day and there was Cheril Lin, so I sat by her. In this class, we did lab in groups of three, so our other lab partner was a guy named Matthew Anger. Interesting last name, huh? Before long, it came up in conversation that Matthew didn't like to be called Matt, and Cheril Lin didn't like to be called Cheril, but I didn't care if people called me Jess. That's why I now refer to her as Cheril Lin even though everyone called her just Cheril in high school.

At the time, Cheril Lin was married to Alan Wescoat, but they're no longer together. Good thing, I guess, b/c it gave her a massively long name -- Cheril Lin Downes Abeel-Wescoat! Cheril Lin and I has many conversations about being "childless by choice," but as you already know, I backed off from that position. :)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons